You are welcome to bring your cat or small dog in the cabin with you provided it is small enough to stand, turn around and lie down in its carrier under the seat in front of you. You may do so on:
- Flights operated by Air Canada or Air Canada Rouge
- Air Canada Express flights operated by Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian or Exploits Valley Air
Just remember that your pet in its carrier will count as one standard item toward your carry-on baggage allowance.
Your pet cannot travel with you in the cabin if you:
- Are an unaccompanied minor
- Are seated in an exit or bulkhead row
- Require the use of a medical device that needs to be stowed underneath the seat
- Are travelling in our Premium Economy cabin
|Charge for one-way travel||
Within Canada and Canada/U.S. (except Hawaii)1
1. Flights to/from Hawaii: Pets are not accepted in the cabin or the baggage compartment. Please contact Air Canada Cargo (AC Animals) for rates and assistance in shipping your pet to Hawaii
2. Fees are inclusive of the minimum (0%) to maximum (18%) tax which may apply, based on your itinerary.
3. See ‘Government Regulations’ for restrictions regarding certain international destinations.
The Pet Carrier
|Maximum carrier size allowed3||
3 Pet carriers that exceed the maximum allowable size can be transported in the checked baggage compartment, provided they do not exceed 45 kg (100 lb) in weight, or 292 cm (115 in) in linear dimensions (length + width + height). Contact Air Canada Cargo (AC Animals) for rates and assistance in shipping even larger pet carriers.↩
- Only one cat or small dog in the cabin is allowed per passenger.
- Your pet must:
- Be at least 12 weeks old and fully weaned.
- Remain at all times in a closed pet carrier stowed under your seat.
- You’ll need to arrive a full 30 minutes prior to the recommended check-in time for your flight as you must see an agent at check-in. Passengers travelling with pets cannot check in online or at airport self-service kiosks.